Our oral and dental health is an important factor that affects our eating, drinking, taste sense, weight, smile and social life. It is possible to say that our oral and dental health is an important factor that also affects our living standards. So what should we pay attention to in our oral and dental health care, which is so important to us? How is oral and dental health done? What products are used in oral and dental health? If you are curious about these and similar questions, let’s examine them in detail together.
What is oral and dental care?
Our oral and dental health is very important for us as we mentioned at the beginning of our article. At this point, all kinds of care, cleaning and treatment activities to protect our oral and dental health fall within the scope of oral and dental care.
How to do oral and dental care?
The priority is to seek help from a specialist dentist. There does not have to be a problem to contact the dentist. In order to know about your oral and dental health, you can contact dentists for early detection of problems such as tooth decay. Remember that it is your dentists who will apply the most accurate detection and treatment. Over-the-ear information or unconscious cleaning methods can do more harm than good to clean your mouth and teeth.
Teeth should be cleaned after each meal in the appropriate position with the type of toothbrush and toothpaste recommended by your doctor. In addition, the tongue, oral ceiling and gums should be cleaned properly and gently. With the help of flossing, toothbrush and mouthwash, all sediment and harmful substances that cling to the tooth surface and mouth should be cleaned.
Which products should be used in oral and dental care?
As we mentioned earlier in our article, hard toothbrushes, toothpastes, floss, mouthwashes and tongue cleansers recommended to you by your dentist are products that will allow you to easily perform oral and dental care at home.
How often should oral and dental care be done?
We do not spend enough time cleaning mouth and teeth in business life and brisk life. However, by taking a few minutes each day, we give up our oral and dental health by risking painful and painful problems that will last for hours, maybe days. Therefore, after each meal, the leftovers of food that are necessarily left in the mouth can be simply cleaned by gargling with water. In addition, brushing and cleaning teeth and tongue at least 2 times a day will prevent tooth decay and tooth loss.
What should be considered in oral and dental care?
- Brush hardness: Your preference for a toothbrush should be in favor of brushes of the hardness recommended by your physician. Extremely hard brushes can damage tooth enamel and gums, while extremely soft brushes will not be able to clean enough.
- Brushing direction: When brushing teeth, mostly far-left movements are performed. On the contrary, the teeth should be brushed in a longitudinal (up-down) direction. Thus, the toothbrush cleans the teeth by touching the thinnest gaps between the teeth and the most extreme points between the gums and the teeth.
- Tooth brushing intensity: It is not possible to clean the teeth any more by over pressing or using force. Excessive pressure at this point can be nothing more than damaging tooth enamel or gums.
- Toothpaste: It is useful to choose your toothpaste preference over the ingredients recommended by your dentist. In addition, excessive use of paste does not create any more hygiene or cleaning effects. On the contrary, it is even possible to damage tooth enamel due to excessive application of abrasive and cleansing substances contained in toothpaste. At this point, the most accurate amount recommended by the experts is expressed in the size of a chickpea grain.
- Language cleaning: Our tongue is a special organ that takes up a large space in the mouth and has taste points on it. When performing oral and dental care, our tongue should not be forgotten, and our tongue should be cleaned gently.
- Gum care: Our gums are the delicate area that surrounds the tooth roots. Therefore, the gums should be cleaned gently and sensitively during oral and dental cleaning.
How to care for partial and full dental prosthesis?
Dental prostheses are spare teeth that can be removed and inserted after the loss of the teeth in our mouth due to various reasons. Prosthesis cleaning is also important and separate in terms of oral and dental care. Dental prostheses should be removed after each meal and cleaned with the help of water and gargled for the oral.
Tooth prostheses, which are cleaned regularly with the help of special toothpastes and toothbrushes produced for dental prostheses, can also be removed when they are not used and cleaned by waiting in special prosthetic dental care fluids. You can read our article called removable dental prosthesis to have detailed information about dental prosthesis and dental prosthesis cleaning.