Oral and dental care are various procedures that aim to maintain and treat the health of your mouth and teeth. Oral and dental care helps you maintain your oral health and prevent tooth decay, gum diseases, and plaque and tartar buildup between teeth.
So, what should we pay attention to in our important oral and dental care?
Procedures that can be done for oral and dental care are:
- Brushing: Brushing your teeth at least twice a day prevents tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Using floss: You can use floss to clean the back parts of your teeth.
- Using mouthwash: Using mouthwash kills bacteria in the mouth and reduces bad breath.
- Using oral and dental care products: You can use special oral and dental care products to prevent plaque and tartar buildup.
- Going to the dentist: Brushing your teeth at least twice a day and using floss may not be enough. Therefore, complete your oral and dental care by going to the dentist at least once a year. Your dentist checks your teeth and gums, performs necessary procedures, and monitors your oral health.
As we mentioned at the beginning of our article, our oral and dental health is very important for us. At this point, any kind of care, cleaning, and treatment we will perform to protect our oral and dental health falls within the scope of oral and dental care.
Which Products Should Be Used in Oral and Dental Care?
Products that can be used in oral and dental care are:
- Brush: Use a soft-bristled brush to brush your teeth at least twice a day. The size of the brush head should be appropriate for the size of your mouth.
- Toothpaste: The toothpaste used when brushing your teeth prevents tooth decay and whitens your teeth.
- Floss: You can use floss to clean the back of your teeth.
- Mouthwash: Using mouthwash kills bacteria in the mouth and reduces bad breath.
- Fluoride toothpaste: Fluoride toothpaste prevents gum disease and reduces tooth decay.
How often should oral and dental care be done?
Oral and dental care should be done by brushing your teeth at least twice a day and cleaning your teeth with floss at least once a day. Additionally, using mouthwash can kill bacteria in the mouth and reduce bad breath.
In addition, you should complete your oral and dental care by seeing a dentist at least once a year. Your dentist will examine your teeth and gums, perform necessary procedures, and monitor your oral health.
When you visit your dentist, they will evaluate your brushing and flossing techniques and, if necessary, teach you better techniques.
What should be considered in oral and dental care?
Brush hardness: Your toothbrush preference should be the brushes recommended by your dentist. Brushes that are too hard can damage tooth enamel and gums, while brushes that are too soft will not be able to provide sufficient cleaning.
Brushing direction: Generally, teeth are brushed horizontally (left-right), but they should be brushed vertically (up-down). This way, the toothbrush can reach the thinnest gaps between teeth and the most extreme points between the gums and teeth to clean them.
Brushing intensity: Applying too much pressure or force will not clean your teeth more. Excessive pressure can only harm tooth enamel and gums.
Toothpaste: It is beneficial to choose toothpaste with ingredients recommended by your dentist. Also, excessive use of toothpaste does not create more hygiene or cleaning effect. Excessive application of the abrasive and cleaning agents in toothpaste can even harm tooth enamel. Experts recommend the most appropriate amount is the size of a pea.
Tongue cleaning: Our tongue is a special organ in our mouth that takes up a large space and has taste points on it. While performing oral and dental care, our tongue should not be forgotten, and it should be cleaned gently.
Dental care: Our gums are the delicate area that surrounds the roots of our teeth. Therefore, during oral and dental care, gums should be cleaned gently and sensitively.
Dental Care Prices
Dental care prices may vary depending on the type and difficulty of the procedures to be performed. For example, teeth whitening may be a cheaper procedure while getting a dental implant may be more expensive. In addition, the quality of the materials used by your dentist and the fees of dentists in your country can also affect the price.
To learn dental care prices, you can contact your dentist or dental clinic and learn the details and prices of the procedures to be performed. In addition, during your appointment with our dentist, you can discuss recommended treatment options and prices for dental care.
Oral Care Prices
Oral care fees may vary depending on various factors that determine the cost of oral health services. For example, factors such as the type of treatment required for oral care, the use of special equipment and materials in the clinic, and the doctor’s experience and expertise may affect the fees.
In addition, some countries have health insurance systems that may cover or reduce the costs of oral care services.
If you want to learn more detailed information about oral care fees, you can contact our dentists or clinic. We can provide you with information about the fees applied in our clinic and inform you about the cost of the necessary treatment.
Also, by contacting dental organizations or dental health service providers in our country, you can obtain information about average oral care fees.